Friday 24 January 2014

FUNKY FRIDAY with author Steve Horsfall (Anon!)


A big welcome to Twitter buddy Steve Horsfall this week.  We settled in our Dickensian costumes and sipped at tea from bone china cups as we nibbled on scones - here's what I found out:

Describe yourself as a writer in five words.

Living life as a dreamer.

I like the sound of that!  Your novel is historical.  How long did it take you to research?

It took two years to write the book and I never stopped researching - thankfully Salisbury (where the book is based) has a lot of colourful history that is well documented.

You have published as ANON - what were your reasons behind this?

It went with the storyline (the discovery of a concealed manuscript) and gave the tale some mystery and maybe a little authenticity (I have had people contact me believing it all to be true).

When did you realise that you had a novel within you and was it easy to get out?

This was my fourth novel (the first three were all published under my real name and also the books I have written since).  The first book I wrote as a challenge and it did flow well as I wrote about a holiday adventure in Crete.  The Spire Chronicle was my biggest challenge as I wanted to write in a Victorian / Dickensian style and that took some mastering - it is the book I am most proud of; my 'magnum opus'.

Dream time!  Ideal dinner party, five guests, dead or alive - who would they be?

Marc Bolan, Charles Dickens, Al Pacino, Natalie Wood, Emma Pierson.


QUICK FIRE ROUND

Planner or Winger?
Winger

Night or Morning?
Morning

Doer or procrastinator?
Procrastinator

Writing/first draft or editing?
Editing

Tea or coffee?
Coffee

Visit Steve's Twitter account for 'The Spire Chronicle' or go to his website or Amazon page to see more of his books. Oh, and if you're ever passing Waterstones in Salisbury ...



**** NEWSFLASH ****

It's been a good week in Misfit land.  Sales have been booming following the free promotion of 'Diary of a Mummy Misfit' and the work in progress is flowing nicely - Chapter 9 and counting ...

If you're looking for a book on tips for frugal living - and aren't we all? - check out Elaine Colliar's eBook here, only 77p and it could possibly save you HUNDREDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment