Friday 7 March 2014

FUNKY FRIDAY - with author Juliet Madison


Where do the weeks go?  Here we are at FUNKY FRIDAY again and I'm welcoming fellow author Juliet Madison for a chat about all things writer-ly!

Juliet, could you describe yourself as a writer in five words.

Creative, determined, passionate, grateful, sleep-deprived.

If someone offered you big money to write their chick lit story, could you do it?

It depends if it was a story/premise I connected strongly too. I’d have to enjoy it!

What are your top tips for writers' block?

Learn plotting and outlining techniques so you have a plan to guide you. Visualise the scene in your mind before you write it. Jot down a list of both terrible and exciting things that could happen to your character and pick one! Take a walk, have a shower or a bath, even have a nap. Inspiration often comes when you’re relaxed.

Dream time.  Ultimate dinner party? You can have anyone dead or alive there - who would you have and why?

Tough question!  I’d have to invite all my writing buddies (hope I'm on that list, Juliet!) because we have so much fun when we’re together, and I’d get them each to invite a person of their choosing. It could turn out quite interesting, and there might be a few celebrity clones I think!

How do you deal with the dreaded bad review - are you a sulker of a shrugger?

It always sucks, but looking at the good reviews balances it out!

If you were offered a squillion pounds to never write again, would you take it?

Nope. Hang on, how much is a squillion?? (kidding, not writing for me would mean not living).

QUICK FIRE ROUND

Planner or Winger?
Planner.

Night or Morning?
Night.

Doer or procrastinator?
Doer.

Writing/first draft or editing?
Writing.

Tea or coffee? 
Neither ;) 

Visit Juliet online:


Buy:


or Juliet's Latest Releases:


  
* * * NEWSFLASH * * *

 'Lottie's Luck' - a romcom is currently FREE on Amazon.  Grab a copy in the UK here or the States here.  Please leave a review if you should happen to enjoy!

Fellow Indie, Anne Ullah is running a promotional competition to win a trendy mug of your choice over on her Facebook page or on Twitter @RigidBones.  Believe me, her books will deliver a giggle and you'll need a good mug of tea while you're reading so enter the competition and be in with a chance!  Check her out here.

My current work in progress is powering ahead after giving me massive headaches!  It's well over half way now and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment